Friday, November 18, 2011

Public Enemies (1996)


Thriller/ crime video starring Leah Best
-Year: 1996
-Year in film: ~1931 (bibs) ? 
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy ~15  ?, man 
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low ?
-Rating:  6/10 ?
-Rating: ******
-Comment: At least a teen boy and a man in blue bibs (pictured). I don't know their names and also don't know/don't remember this complete movie.

I found it by coincidence making an image search for a completely unreleated classic movie "Boys of the Streets (1937)".

Bibs look good, but I assume rather few scenes. Starring Theresa Russell (and Leah Best) as legendary Ma Barker (1873-1935, true story about mother and leader of this violent gang). Film aka "Public Enemy" and "Public Enemy #1 (1996)", rated R and not to be confused with the more famous, but I think unrelated but similar  "Public Enemies (2009)" or 2008 movie.

Ma Barker had 4 sons Herman, Lloyd (both credited either as 10 and 11 yo or grown ups in their mid 20s), Arthur and Fred. The boy pictured looks older than 11 yo to me, Freddie credited as grown up only and Arthur Barker not credited at IMDb, so not sure who he is and when this scene is exactly set, perhaps between 1931 and 1935 when the gang was active but maybe earlier.    

Usually I don't like action films and violent movies and have to check this again. I also assume farm or rural content. Rating 6 for now.

Removed deleted vid, added tag teen boys

No comments: