Friday, November 18, 2011

1981


Canadian coming-of-age movie
-Year: 2009
-Year in film: 1981 
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs:boy ~11
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, partly TV recording
-Bib occurence: low
-Rating:  3/10 *
-Rating: ***
-Comment: A kid in bibs (pictured on left), not sure if this is a girl. Weird and short nightmare scene like "The Little Prince" with a german officer of the 30s in b/w. The female teacher wears a dress also looking like bibs.

I watched this movie yesterday but missed the first 20 or 30 minutes. Quite good family film starring the 11 yo director Ricardo Trogi (played by Jean-Carl Boucher) and his friends. I only noticed this short bib scene and have to check it again. Probably there are more scenes like at school (seen from behind in the trailer). I like the 80s, but can't rate any higher than 3 for this bib scene. Good regular jeans of the 80s including cycling scenes. Good plot and props and scenes of the 80s. The film I would rate 6-7. 

Update: I now have rechecked this complete movie. It's obviously not a girl, but a boy. He also appeared earlier at school. But rather few scenes. Maybe some girls as well in bibs or bibs-like dresses.

/2019/04/10/update-1981-2009-boy-instead-of-girl/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say your site and all your hard work is very much appreciated. Thanks for your dedication and effort.

Admin said...

Thanks. Yes it's hard work. But I like bibs myself and just share it.