Monday, September 19, 2011

Johnny Holiday


Drama / Crime film
-Year: 1949
-Year in film: 1940s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Johnny ~13
-Available on DVD: VHS only
-I own: no 
-Bib occurrence: low ?  
-Rating:  6/10    
-Rating: *****
-Comment: I think this must be 13 yo Allen Martin Jr. (pictured) in blue bibs playing 12 yo Johnny Holiday. Looks a bit small and worn but authentic. Also showing real farm work with hay shoveling. Also other good scenes like shirtless (without bibs). I don't remember the complete film, but is very interesting. Film aka "Boys' Prison" and is about a reform farm school. The other actors are older, but I don't know of any other actors in bibs, but have to check if I have more time or if broadcasted on TV. Complete film is currently on YouTube. No real trailers. TCM says Johnny Holiday (1950), theater premiere Nov. 1949, IMDb 1949, but released 1951. Also starring William Bendix and Stanley Clements. I only found an official VHS release (in used condition). I like those vintage movies (of course would be better in color). Rating 6 for now. Story by Ron W. Alcorn (1937-2009). Complete plot on TCM.

No comments: