Sunday, August 14, 2011

Freddy unter fremden Sternen


Adventure film starring Freddy Quinn
-Year: 1959
-Year in film: 1950s
-Country: Germany
-Who in bibs: Manuela ~19 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no, partly TV recording
-Bib occurence: low? 
-Rating:  4/10 
-Rating: ****
-Comment: I'm not sure about the film title, but I think this must be this film and Vera Tschechowa in white bibs worn with a belt. I'm even not sure if these are bibs, but looks like. They are pretty tight and worn with (rubber ?) boots. I found some few minutes on one of my old VHS tapes (originally searching for something different for my Lederhosen blog). This also looks like an alpine Heimatfilm and also featuring some famous songs performed by Freddy Quinn. Also starring Gustav Knuth, Hannelore Elsner and orphan boy  11 yo Christian Machalet (in a cowboy dress and/or as Indian). The girl is also riding, but I don't think in bibs. I have to check this film the next broadcasting. There is one short clip on YouTube (Freddy Quinn - Unter fremden Sternen 1960 but not with bib scenes. There was a sequel in the same year but in b/w. Tschechowa also starred in film "Witwer mit fünf Töchtern" (see that entry) but I don't think in bibs. Rating 4 for now. 

No comments: