Monday, August 29, 2011

Dogville



Thriller starring Nicole Kidman
-Year: 2003
-Year in film: 1930s ?
-Country: Denmark, Sweden, UK and others
-Who in bibs: boy ~10  
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low ? 
-Rating:  4/10 
-Rating: ****
-Comment: A young boy in dark blue bibs (pictured). I don't know his name and sorry I also don't know this complete film yet. Looks like a very weird movie (by Lars von Trier, rated R, which is part of the "Land of Opportunities" trilogy.) Houses (even on stage) without walls don't really make sense. Pic is from chapter 6 and also includes spanking the boy. I think also at least one man in bibs maybe some others (women) in coveralls? At least in aprons.  I only saw some parts of it and I assume few bib scenes. I think I don't will like this film. For bib scenes only rating 4 for now. The boy is also very young and needs a haircut. Many awards for this film. I hope for a soon broadcasting.

Thanks Felix for name of the actor. Miles Purinton


Update: Some more pics. Also a spanking scene at 1h31. There are several scenes, also sitting but mostly from a distance. There's also a 2005 sequel called "Manderlay" with at least black men in bibs, ladies at least in bibs-like dresses and/or aprons. And some stage plays, most notable in Cologne with at least a lady in shortalls. Men and women in bibs in other plays. Coming soon. post exists

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2019/03/dogville-stage-play.html

No comments: