Saturday, May 14, 2011

The People (1972)



TV Sci-Fi film about a religious community starring William Shatner
-Year: 1972
-Year in film: 1970s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boys ~7-16, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: often
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: Several boys at least 4 boys ~7, 8, 15 and 16ys in dark blue bibs in a school  (pictured) and about 6-7 other men. I don't know the name of the actors, an ABC Movie of the Week. But looks very good and an interesting plot with extraterrestrials and community like the Amish, book series by Zenna Henderson. Film co-produced by Francis Ford Coppola! I was surprised that this film is even available on DVD. DVD quality is stated to be of partly bad image quality and partly out of sync and sold without cover. There is also a VHS (with cover). I assume at least medium bib occurences. Rating 7 for now, but I will update this entry, if I could see this movie (could take a while).

Edit: I now have seen the complete film. More bib scenes than thought. Half of the film scenes with these alien, partly flying kids in the one room schoolhouse. The year in the film looks more like the 70s, I think, (1st novel was written in the 60s and deals in the 1900s?). Image and sound quality was very poor. Film plot is not very good, also not the bib. At least one bib seems to be hickory striped, but hardly to see. I rate now 6 (originally 7).

Deleted clip removed. Adding tag teen boys, hickory, stripes




No comments: