Sunday, May 8, 2011

Johnny Got His Gun (1971)


Anti-war movie (WWI) starring Timothy Bottoms
-Year: 1971
-Year in film: 1890s (bibs)
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Joe 10 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: This must be Kerry McLane as young Joe (pictured) in light blue bibs, possibly with thin hickory stripes. I don't like war movies, but this is a good bib scene with a boy being embraced by his dad. Famous film after novel by Dalton Trumbo. There was also a remake in 2008 and a stage play in 1982. I don't know this movie, but I assume few bib scenes at the beginning before WWI. Maybe also some flashbacks. I have to see this complete film, for now I already rate 6. Interesting also, that there are such bibs in 1890s before WWI.

removed deleted clip.

Update checked again but not completely, I assume only 2 scenes at ~33 and 39 minutes. Bibs obviously not hickory striped. Mother checking his dirty bare feet. Also in a bathtub with bibs next to it. Quite good rear view and also hunker down.


 

No comments: