Wednesday, April 27, 2011

O. Henry's Full House

5 short stories of O. Henry in one film
-Year: 1952
-Year in film: 1910s?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy J.B. (Red Chief) 9 ys, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: often
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: Lee Aaker (pictured) in bibs. This is the short story "The Ransom of Red Chief" about the kidnapping of a boy. Short film about 20 minutes. Directed by Henry Hathaway. Not to be confused with other films of the same story title (one starring Haley Joel Osment) but I don't know of other films with bibs, but have to verify that. This complete film aka Full House (also other films with this title, even 2 films in 1952). I kinda like this film, actor and bibs, although short. Bibs are not perfect (probably not jeans fabric) but back is also OK, I think small bib piece, not only suspenders. He also climed on a back of one of his hijackers. Child actor Lee Aaker is also known for acting in other films and series like Rin-Tin-Tin (also good series, but I think without bibs). I think the other of the 4 stories in this film are mostly funny (and without bibs), but this is more excited. I watched most parts of this film and remember also 2 men in bibs (short scenes), if I don't mixed up.

No comments: