Friday, March 18, 2011

Crazy in Alabama


Film starring Melanie Griffith and Lucas Black
-Year: 1999
-Year in film: 1965
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Wiley ~17ys, girl, 4 boys ~6ys, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own:yes
-Bib occurence: low
-Rating:  2/10
-Rating: **
-Comment: David Speck in blue bibs, shirtless (picture on right). Also some kids and men, see below.
Plot and rural setting of the 1960s are not so bad. Originally I rated 6 for what I knew and saw in trailers and pics. I knew that there would be not many bib scenes, but I expected at least also Lucas Black in bibs and more farm content. 
Lucas Black in bibs in film Sling Blade, 1996 (see that entry).

Edit: I have bought the DVD and am very disappointed. Although pictured on different DVD covers and shown in the trailer, I couldn't see Lucas Black (pictured left) in bibs. Not even in the deleted scenes or other extras. Also the bib scenes of the shirtless teen boy are very short at the beginning of the film (2 scenes, 1-2 min.) and are not perfect. Additionally I found a very short scene with 2 men in bibs and at the beginning and end in total 1 girl and 4 boy brothers ~ 6ys in blue bibs. I don't like the film either, though some good and short and weird scenes, like a coffin in the brothers' room and the swimming scenes. There are some good pictures at behind the scenes extras. I think I even have seen this film a couple of weeks before on TV, recorded it and deleted it completely and I forgot. As I had no scenes left, I though I didn't have seen it. Usually I keep at least the good scenes.

No comments: