Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Adventures of the Wilderness Family




1975 version of the Swiss Family Robinson
-Year: 1975
-Year in film: 1970s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Toby ~7 ,  Jenny ~9, mother Pat
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no, TV recording
-Bib occurrence: often
-Rating:  4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Ham Larsen (pictured, right), his sister in this film Hollye Holmes (standing left) and Susan Damante in dark blue denim bibs. Mostly in bibs the boy. Chopping a tree and on a swing. This is a famous film and even more famous story/family. It's also a very good entertaining family film with the family in free nature with a bear and in a cabin. But I don't like this film, there are better and more modern versions (I think mostly without bibs). The kids are also very young. 2 sequels of this film with this actors (except for the girl). I have to check the other versions, too. There are also earlier versions of Swiss Family Robinson. I saw parts of film 2 and/or 3 and older Ham Larson also wears bibs. This later films I would possibly rate 5 or more, but have to check complete films to check amount and details of bib scenes.
Update: I now also have entry of 3rd film "Mountain Family Robinson" (1979).

/2012/05/27/the-further-adventures-of-the-wilderness-family/

/2012/03/30/the-new-swiss-family-robinson/

Please also check out my other blogs for a 1975 and 1976 series.

No comments: