Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The War

Film with Elijah Wood and Kevin Costner.
-Year: 1994
-Year in film: 1970s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: 4+ boys ~15, Lidia ~13, men women
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no, TV recording
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: A shirtless boy sits in a classrom (picture left). Authentic bibs. Also another afro-american boy at school. I first remembered only this short scene with bibs but there are also at least a fat boy and a girl in blue shortalls at the tree house (picture right, girl top right). She also has sometimes her bib of his overalls down. Good acting of young Elijah Wood. I also like the fim plot and landscape scenes. I have to see the whole film again, but I think I prefer the bib scene at school. Also a fighting scene and Elijah Wood in tighty whities underpants. But I don't like this scene.

Update: Now I have finally seen it completely at low speed. I have seen it maybe 5 times, but long time ago.

This movie almost have it all. Boys, girls, men, women. Cycling (fat boy), and coveralls (another older teen boy). The shortalls (ripped off bibs) of the girl (Lexi Randall) are very good. She wears red leather boots and also partly her bibs down. Unfortunately the only main boy actor in bibs is overweighted (though I like that) but a bit too old and tall. Some very good but briefly shown background actors in bibs, at least one younger woman (pic below) at least one old woman and many men. One more teen boy in shortalls (pic below).

Very good family/teen film. Farm content. For bib scenes rating 6-7.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2012/05/story-33-update-war-1994.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2017/07/update-2-war-1994.html

 

 

No comments: