Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pollyanna (1960)


Disney film about a 12 year old orphan girl
-Year: 1960
-Year in film: 1912
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Jimmy ~9
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: Kevin Corcoran (also orphan, friend of Polyanna) wears bibs. This is a typical Disney family film of the 1960s. Normally I like these films and old rural settings. But the girl Polyanna is a bit annoying. I think medium bib occurences. First at a train station and especially later in the film. Also starring Karl Malden. Novel by Eleanor Porter. There are better Disney films and also better Disney films with bibs (e.g. Rascal, So Dear to my Heart). See those entries.

For the girl Pollyanna (~13 ys) and other girls in sailor dresses see my sailor suit blog, also rating 5.

I also have the 1989 version.

No comments: