Friday, January 21, 2011

The Grapes of Wrath


Film about the Great Depression. 2 Oscars.
-Year: 1940
-Year in film: 1930s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy ~7, girl ~12, other men and kids
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium?
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: I don't know the whole movie. Seems to be a good film with good scenes. B/w film. Perhaps I will buy this DVD. But I doubt that this is better than To Kill A Mockingbird (see that entry). I saw a clip on YouTube with this kids (recommendations, and not with the movie's title) but I can't find it anymore (deleted?) Also no official trailers hat could be embedded. I think they are also without the kids.
Edit: I now have seen some fragments of this film and it's not so bad, though few scenes with the kids. Image shows main character on the left, the girl and the boy at the front. I think I have seen another boy ~10ys and a very young girl (bibs with suspenders). If I would buy another b/w film (except To Kill a Mockingbird) I would buy this one, and not Los Olvidados). But I hope that this film will be broadcasted on TV.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2017/10/book-67-john-steinbeck-grapes-of-wrath.html

No comments: