Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Dinosaur Hunter


TV movie, Teen boy and girl digging for dino bones
-Year: 2000
-Year in film: 1930s
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: Daniel 16, Julia 13, girl, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurrence: often
-Rating:  10/10
-Rating: **********
-Comment: Bill Switzer (image left, middle and right image left) and Alison Pill in bibs.
Boy wears dark blue denim bibs (Dickies, also riding in these) and light blue bibs with fine stripes. Girl wears oversized and very baggy light blue bibs. Also some men in bibs and another kid in shortalls. Kids also in rubber boots.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I turned on the TV and saw this film. Best TV film since years. With this title I hadn't expect farm teens in bibs and other good scenes. Before that I liked only Jurassic Park and not the many other later films and series, but this is rather a kids' adventure film without CGI dinos. First I missed the first 3rd of this film but now I saw it entirely. Originally I was not sure if I rate 9 or 10, because only one boy in good bibs, but many good scenes (riding, kids in hay, playing with mud, milking etc) of this brother and sister and also some touching scenes (burial, rain after drought). Also shirtless in bibs and completely shirtless of boy. Riding both on same horse and boy alone. I also planned buying the DVD, as my 1st recording was in LP. The AUS RC4 DVD is widesceen, but this can't be true widescreen, as this is an old TV film and the original CDN/US DVD is 4:3. And no DVD extras. I even think, that this film is better than Honkytonk Man, only The Waltons I like more and perhaps the Sugar Creek Gang. But you can't compare them, esp. the series. I have to watch more dinosaur films.

Based on the novel My Daniel, by Pam Conrad which I later bought. See

/2012/01/book-15-pam-conrad-my-daniel.html

blog search for book. Update: After reading the novel I'm now watching the movie again. There's also a girl ~ 8-9 ys (short blond hair, later wearing a dress) in ripped off bibs (half length, so tagging shortalls) in and outside the church at 14 min.

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2012/10/list-16-most-baggy-bibs.html

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2019/01/update-dinosaur-hunter.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2019/01/update-2-dinosaur-hunter.html 

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/04/update-3-dinosaur-hunter.html




No comments: