Saturday, August 24, 2024

Sono ato no hachi no su no kodomotachi

 

Documentary, sequel
Year: 1951
Year in film: 1950s 
Country: Japan
Who in bibs: boys ~10-12?
Available on DVD: yes ?
I own: no
Bib occurrence: medium+ ?
Rating: 4/10 ?
Rating: ****
Comment: At least 9 boys of the 10 kids (orphans) in faded bibs, also sitting/kneeing. At least one seems much older and maybe one is a girl, not in bibs.

Japanese title:  その後の蜂の巣の子供たち. English title: Children of the Beehive: What Happened Next. Sequel of the famous 1948 movie by Hiroshi Shimizu. (I haven't found bibs in the original movie).

I haven't seen the movie yet. This is the best pic I've found showing all 10 orphans. Taken from X from the Japan Society (js_film_nyc). This movie and/or its sequel has been shown in the US for the first time completely in May 2024. I assume many scenes.

Quite interesting.

Rating ~4-5 for now.

No comments: