Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Carmen (Royal Opera House 2024)

 

Some ladies in bibs and at least one in blue coveralls with a belt (also with the opened top down), and some sitting (pic 2). Felix visited that opera, not knowing that there are bibs involved. It's possible that there will be a DVD/BD release. Some ladies and I think a young girl also in jeans shorts and boots, ladies also in leather shorts. Carmen is played by Aigul Akhmetshina (in coveralls). Obviously also a red haired young girl in light purple shortalls and gun holster (Felix haven't mentioned). I think set in the 1960s (some other colorful clothes rather looking like 70s).

Pics from official YouTube clip called "An introduction to the Royal Opera's Carmen 2024"

I've never spectating an opera and I don't live in the UK. Of course a masterpiece and very interesting.

I think I give rating 4-5. But I would have to check it completely.

Some boys (9-13 yo not in bibs) members of the Youth Opera Company mainly as Cowboys.  

During research I found an older girl in black bibs at the rehearsal of the 2015 version of Carmen. Maybe there are some more on other/earlier productions

https://www.flickr.com/photos/royaloperahouse/22163193896/in/album-72157659468258098/

Photos of this 2024 version here also showing the kids

https://www.flickr.com/photos/royaloperahouse/albums/72177720316307723/

During research I found some young girls of the Welsh National Opera

https://wno.org.uk/take-part/youth-opera



No comments: