Thursday, December 28, 2023

Cool Hand Luke

 

Drama, Paul Newman, 2h07
Year: 1967
-Year in film: 1950s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy ~7?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: very low
-Rating:  3/10
-Rating: ***
-Comment: One young unknown black boy in faded bibs. I only noticed one brief scene at 1h29. Men doing farm work but sursprisingly not in bibs. It's possible, that I missed scenes. Set in early 1950s Florida. 1 Oscar (for supporting actor George Kennedy). Directed by Stuart Rosenberg, novel by Donn Pearce. Also starring Ralph Waite.

After having checked many 80s and 90s movie, I'm now checking 60s movies as I had good experiences, recently "Hurry Sundown" (rating 7) and some Disney movies. To make sure, to not miss some more good classics.

Again, for this brief scene of a young boy, I can only give rating ~3. I don't like much this movie either (prison drama).

No comments: