Saturday, July 2, 2022

Real Video Timesavers: Teen Life - UK!


Scholastic book with DVD/VHS
Year: 2003
Year in film: 2000s
Country: USA
Who in bibs: girl ~7 ?
Available on DVD: yes 
I own: yes
Bib occurrence: very low 
Rating:  2/10  
Rating: **
Comment: A young black girl in longer shortalls. Brief scene at the beginning. Unit 1: Rooted: Return to Africa.

I found this during research for my School TV blog. (Currently I only have Junior English Timesaver (the only other book with a DVD), but this coming soon as well). The book series originally published by Mary Glasgow Magazines.

The video is long (1.5 hours) and most scenes are outside Africa, units are 5-8 minutes. But I haven't found other scenes in bibs. One teen girl with a basecap, Soccer scenes, Ice skating etc.

For the very brief shortalls scenes rating 2. Video rating ~4-5. YouTube clip has a different word order and missing the s from Timesavers.

No comments: