Sunday, May 8, 2022

Books 114: Eva Knox Evans

There are several books of her, most notable the stories of young African-American kids on a farm, I think starting with Araminta (1935). The city girl Araminta visiting a farm and met John George Jerome Anthony and other kids having adventures. Later sequels and similar books like Araminta's Goat, A Surprise for Araminta, Jerome Anthony and Key Corner. Depicting boys in bibs on the cover and inside. The plot and setting might be interesting. First illustrated by Erick Berry.

I found 2 books online but not with searchable text but images of the pages. I don't have the time to read them online. First, I found a German book, I think this is Life Around Us (Better Living series) and later "Tim's Place" with men in bibs. There are also some books with white kids in bibs like Something Different (girl in bibs, illustrated by Pelagie Doane), Where Do You Live? (boy), these are books for beginners with few text, but I haven't read them either, except for some few samples. She also wrote non-fiction books.

No comments: