Saturday, April 2, 2022

The Ballad of the Sad Cafe

 



Drama Vanessa Redgrave
Year: 1991
Year in film: 1930s
Country: UK, USA
Who in bibs: Amelia ~53, boys ~5-16, men
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: medium+ *
Rating:  5/10
Rating: ****
Comment: Vanessa Redgrave (pic 1 with a belt, also sitting, looks like a man), some few boys and teen boys and several men in bibs. Pic 3 from the beginning, pic 4 from the end.

How on earth could I missed this classic? I found it for my school TV blog (as there's the novel and accompanying books for learning English (Echo English Readers series by publisher Klett).

I only have checked it briefly, but obviously very few scenes of boys. There are also stage plays. The novel also needs to be checked.

Rating ~5 for now.



 

 

No comments: