Sunday, December 19, 2021

Butterbox Babies

 


TV drama, true case
–Year: 1995
–Year in film: 1938 (-1942)
–Country: Canada
–Who in bibs: Simon 8, Daniel 11, men
–Available on DVD: yes
–I own: no
–Bib occurrence: low-   
–Rating:  3/10 
–Rating: ***
–Comment: 2 boys and some men in bibs but very few (good) scenes.

After adding the Goosebumps 1996 episode  "Stay Out of the Basement" for my school TV blog (would be rating 10 if I had a rating on that blog) for perfect jeans scenes of Blake McGrath (pic 1 but in this movie). I searched for more movies with him and found this one. I wonder why I haven't found this Sullivan movie earlier. But it was a disappointment. I almost ordered this. I have watched this completely at regular speed, as I missed all the brief scenes by quickly checking around every minute or 2.

Only 3 notable close-up scenes of the boys which are very brief. Pic 1 running downstairs at 4 minutes. Scene 2 showing both standing at 30 minutes (poor image quality), pic 2 at 33 minutes just showing John David Wood (headshot only). Very few and rear views, mainly of the older boy, I think at ~45/ or 50 minutes. Both simple straps.

Young man bib at low position full view at 8 minutes (as shown on the cover and intro) and some more men later. Also men in waterproof pants baptizing a woman in a river and then undressing them, man's suits underneath. Some few more men later, last 30 minutes are set in 1941 and 1942. Good actors.

Much better series of Sullivan are Wind at My Back, f/m rating 8 and Road to Avonlea (f,m rating up to 10). I also found another movie with a boy, coming soon.



No comments: