Friday, July 2, 2021

Info: New blog (school TV)

As mentioned (Wikifarm comparison), I tried to find a replacement for my school TV wiki. As I haven't found anything better, I will move it here to blogger.

The exported Wiki XML file doesn't work for an import. I tried some converters, including the wordpress to blogspot one and the official mediawiki converter, but I didn't manage to get any of them work. Somehow it might be possible (maybe via a parser and maybe only via wiki to wordpress and then wordpress to blogspot) but it's obviously too complicated, so I will manually import my pages (~200). I would have to fix the (image) links, categories etc anyway. My new blog is at (also on my blog list)

https://schulfernsehenenglischhistory.blogspot.com/

Risks: There's always a risk when setting up a new blog due to (new) copyright and content policies. Although (all) my blogs are for historical and educational purposes, I have to be very cautious, especially with pics.  

In case something happened (for any blog), you might find me on wiki-site.com

I also have added a translation widget here and there.


No comments: