Friday, April 30, 2021

Pioneer Quest: A Year in the Real West


Reality documentary, settlers, 2 couples, 9 ep
-Year: 2000
-Year in film: 2000/1860s
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: woman, 2 men
-Available on DVD: no ?
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium- ?
-Rating: 4/10 ?
-Rating: ****
-Comment: At least one of the 2, but I think both ladies and both men in blue bibs, also faded ones (at least men also sitting, milking and shirtless). Pic from s1e1.

I found this by coincidence. But I don't know all episodes.

To my knowledge and research, wearing bibs in the 1860s is probably anachronistic, especially for women. And the earliest bibs , I think ~1870s were mainly beige cotton ones. I haven't found any photo or description of pioneers in (jeans) bibs.

Rating ~4 for now.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/04/list-31-westerns-and-pre-1900s-movies.html

No comments: