Friday, December 4, 2020

Anne with an E (on TV)


Family series Anne of Green Gables
-Year: 2017-2018
-Year in film: 1890s
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: Anne ~16, girl ~15
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurrence: low- ?
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: Amybeth McNulty (Anne) with short hair playing a boy at a Christmas school play in yesterday's ep 13 (s2e6), also another girl who originally should play the boy (latter one very briefly, headshot, open jacket). I don't know of any others in bibs, not even men. There's a barn boy (Aymeric Jett Montaz) which I first thought wearing bibs but is a long, light brown leather apron with leg parts but open on rear. Also other crossdressing scenes.

I had this on my pigtails blog next to other versions with pigtail pulling scenes at school. I previously never liked this version. And with the short hair (red pigtails in ep 1-12, but she had to let them cut off after her hair turned green) she looks even uglier. But somehow it all seems authentic; very good settings and costumes, especially inside her house and girls in dresses. Somehow reminds me of LHOTP except Anne is older and redhaired.

I have to check more episodes. I did some research ~2 years ago and checked many short scenes but haven't found any other bibs scenes. Scenes pictured at ~39 minutes, starting at ~30. Currently on Bibel TV. I think I have to give rating 5. Good bibs. The play is fictional and just written for this series.

Also on my sailor suit blog. Another version

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/03/anne-of-green-gables-sequel.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/01/road-to-avonlea_5.html


 

No comments: