Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Info: Goole Image search bug

 I think, I found out the reason that the Google Image search only displays 2011-2012 pics. A google photos album (then Picasa Album) created a second album (with the same name) on Jan 13, 2012, after the 1st album has 900 photos.  Probably a limit then. Picasa was then closed. The 2nd album, currently 1695 pics doesn't have a limit. On my other blog, I didn't have 900 pics then and  there's still just one album.

I think, it's not (easy) possible for changing that, even if I would move all pics and change all links (what would too much work either). Pics must be uploaded within a post and are probably indexed then for the web search. I mentioned other Google indexing bugs before. And there are still issues with wrong HTML code in the new UI.

When writing this, I also found pics from Feb 2012. But even when I search pics for the last year or last month there are only 2011-2012 pics shown.

But obviously the new updated pics, I recently uploaded (rating 10-7) already show up. Wordpress pics still show up after almost a year.

By a regular Google text search, searching for last year, 2 posts show up: Update 2 Anibal (2000) and Update 5: Emu's All Live Pink Windmill Show. Both from this month. 27/21 hits, 1 boy, other girl. So there's still hope.

Still a mystery the many hits of Info 20. 

Hits last month 

Info 20: 580 hits

Update The Thanksgiving Visitor: 441

The Secret World of Alex Mack: 93

Summer of the Monkeys: 39. 

Last 24 hours 3x4 hits on Info 20 post. At 2pm, 8pm and 0am. Same peaks and times at Thanksgiving Visitor but 3 instead of 4 hits. So maybe a robot or similar.

No comments: