Friday, June 19, 2020

Books 99: Stephen Speight: Bed and Breakfast, school books

Stephen Speight is the author of Moving to Marlborough (teen girl rating 4). I think that book is not available (maybe inside of a school book).
I recently checked his other books.
This and another book (The Runaway, which I own) reminds me of Moving to Marlborough but they have different plots and are both published in the Teen Readers series for learning English.

There's one illustration of a boy, girl and their mom in bibs renovating their inn in Wales, the younger boy on a ladder. (I found this on Google Books). Probably no more scenes and no descriptions in the text.

I also found 2 bibs scenes on the cover of school books. But probably nothing of interest inside. (I've checked parts of this books, later editions).

Let's Go 5, publisher Klett, also co-written by Speight. A photo of a teen girl in faded bibs sitting on a bench (I currently haven't found a high-res pic). Older edition ~2002.

In Let's Go 1, there's a teen girl standing in faded bibs with one strap down. I found a high res pic of that.

I've added some more series to my wiki but no bibs scenes, yet. As assumed, research for 70s and 80s series is very difficult. Even on archive org, pics or clips of most aren't available anymore from some producers like FWU (no database search works). I have to search archives of other sites like broadcasters.

I've added some more pics here Jan 2018 - Feb 2019 and start adding rating 5 pics now.

No comments: