Saturday, May 2, 2020

Info 1244: Import to 1st blogs

As duplicate posts and blogs are probably not allowed, I will try to import everything to the 1st blogs, starting today with my Lederhosen blog (more infos and results there).

Although not having finished the import on blog 3, but ~90%. The remaining would take ~ 1 week and the export to blog 1 might take another 2-3 weeks.
It's too risky to wait and I have to try it sooner or later.
When it works on my Lederhosen blog, I will 1st export the posts from blog 3 into blog 1 and after that those of blog 2.

I assume, that all new links and pics on blog 1 will be defunct (so pics missing), not sure yet about the duplicate posts, their pics and other issues. As said before, I can't re-upload ~10000 pics nor fixing all these links. Maybe, I have luck that at least the pics of blog 2 will still work. Depending on the results on my Lederhosen blog, I will just use the new blogspot export and repost the remaining 10% (~1000 posts) manually.

I think I will start in ~2 days on blog 1. Again, it's a good time now for downloading my albums and save important posts.

Update: Import worked. Even some pics still work like the Picasa pics, but these are external links. I have to check what is still missing, if any and retry for 1 or 2 days there. Then probably try the risky, original backup there. Maybe file 4/4 which are the newest posts and 1st without simultaneously publishing.

Update 2 SU: Import, also the original Wordpress export works, now even without the risky simultaneously publishing. I will try on MO to import posts to my 1st bib blog from blog 3. If there are not many posts imported, I could try the 13 backup files. Not sure if I should try file 13 and 12 or rather the blog 2 with many pics that might work.

No comments: