Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Info 142: Blog import

I think the best way to update this blog from wordpress is to first test the export file by creating a new blog here and try to import it.
I read that it can take some hours and maybe I have to convert the files, if it works anyway. Pics and links will be missing and might be added later.

This procedure prevents that all posts will be overwritten and all pics on this blog will be deleted. Another pro is, that this blog will be kept as it is.

If this works I will post the name of the new blog here.
Maybe I have to search for another blogging platform.

The blog export consists of several XML files, hard to read. Too much work to repost all posts from 2012-2020.

Update: Blog import didn't worked/takes way too long. I will try to convert files today/tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I will search for another platform.

Update 2: Import after conversion seems to work (within few minutes). 13 files.
More probably tomorrow.

Update 3: Some of the import files didn't work (properly). And the amount of import files per day is limited. I could import 4 files with around 1,000 posts (maybe around half of my blog). Pics are missing. And my A-Z lists. Rare list is on. Tags working also my new tags like teen boys.

New blog is at

https://biboverallsfilms2.blogspot.com/

No comments: