Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Info 1192: Import update

Today, I was able to import 157 files on my 2nd Lederhosen blog that didn't work before. So there's much hope.

As said, the amount of importing posts is limited, I will continue tomorrow there.

Some details: There were different error messages (one of coure for the limited upload space) but also some, giving more technical details. Obviously Google bugs and issues are documented since 2019. They use the spanner database and I think import to Google Cloud.
I used the linux software BaseX for conversion (same format, also can export to csv but some bugs like file extension is xml), not sure if this was needed. Importing crashes when the option is not clicked to import and simultaneously post (what is not recommended).

Another option is to upload all pics to a Google Photos folder. I haven't tried this and not sure if this is easy as on the backup there are subfolders for each year and month. There are 7634 pics. I think, I won't upload pics to every post and fixing all the links. It would be possible to check the A-Z list and then search on Google Photos for the pics.

No comments: