Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Christmas Lilies of the Field


TV Christmas movie starring Maria Schell
–Year: 1979
–Year in film: 1960s
–Country: USA
–Who in bibs: 2 girls, boy ~ 9 ?
–Available on DVD: VHS, stream
–I own: no
–Bib occurrence: medium+ ??
–Rating:  7/10 ?
–Rating: *******
–Comment: At least 2 girls (pic 3) and one boy in bibs. New pic 1 from the trailer. I think also a very young darkhaired girl. Maybe some more orphans (or men)?

Rare sequel of "Lilies of the Field" (1963, b&w, starring Sitney Poitier. 1 Oscar).

Not officially on DVD and I have only seen a short clip. The time setting should be shortly after the sequel, so mid 60s. Available now as official stream. I also found an official Greece VHS (Αγωνας Για Επιβιωση), also on US and probably Russian VHS.

Good game of building a wheel with 2 kids (pic 3), I don't know how this is called. The movie is about a catholic orphanage.

Rating 7-8 for now.
The girls are very young. Also a nice sitting scene of the boy and walking scene bith big steps.

Please also note the recent suggestion of today's BBQ show (woman).
pic1 chr4 5/15

No comments: