Friday, March 22, 2019

Broad & High: A Culinary History of the Great Black Swamp

culinaryhistoryofthegreatblackswamp

WOSU TV magazine, s2e18. PBS
Year: 2015
Year in film: ~1870s ?
Country: USA
Who in bibs: boys ~10, men
Available on DVD: no ?
I own: no
Clothing occurrence: very low
Rating:  3/10 ?
Rating: ***
Comment: Some time ago, during research for VR (and Dust Bowl and The Great Depression), I found this 4 minutes clip on YouTube. It's mainly about the book by Nathan Crook.

The pic is a photograph showing a boy sitting in bibs. There's another boy on the left who might have bibs under the vest. Pic probably included in the book. Maybe there are some more. I don't know who's the photographer. (I can't remember having seen this on either FSA nor NCLC on loc.gov). Ohio and Midwest. Not sure about the exact time setting. Could be later than the 1870s; I think bibs were rarely worn before.

Nice sitting scene. But for the brief scene/pic I can only give rating ~3. I don't know the other episodes.

 

No comments: