Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Dust Bowl

dustbowldustbowl2

PBS Documentary TV mini series, 4 ep
Year: 2012
Year in film: 1930s
Country: USA
Who in bibs: boy ~7-11, men
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Clothing occurrence: medium- ?
Rating:  5/10 ?
Rating: *****
Comment: At least several boys and men in bibs. Obviously mainly b&w pics and footage clips.

As announced, more entries, I recently found during the search for Virtual Reality.

Pic 1 is I think a photo, looks like a famous one maybe from loc.gov (but I don't have it on my albums). Pic 2 is a moving scene, same clip called Eyewitnesses, pic 3 is a colorized photo from the trailer. But I think latter one is a brief b&w moving scene.

Unpictured a boy sitting in hickory striped bibs in clip Uncovering the Dust Bowl.

I haven't seen the complete series which is 4 hours. 4 episodes, according IMDb 5 episodes, according PBS 2 parts. Directed by Ken Burns.

Great phptos in very good quality also available on BD with some extras. But I doubt that there are perfect moving scenes showing bibs. The moving scenes are probably in rather poor image quality. Interesting, though.

Rating ~5-6 for now. Also needs checking for raw denim, teen boys, girls and women.

There are also other Dust Bowl and Great Depression clips around. But mainly also showing photos. More later.

dustbowl3

No comments: