Monday, December 31, 2018

One-room schoolhouse memories - Illinois State University



Documentary clip, 5 minutes
Year: 2014?
Year in film: 1930s, 40s ?
Country: USA
Who in bibs: boys ~6-13
Available on DVD: no ?
I own: no
Bib occurrence: low-
Rating:  6/10
Rating: ******
Comment: As said, I've found several documentaries about the dust bowl and one-room schoolhouses. Most consists of b&w photos, mainly from loc.gov. I already have the best ones (see my blogroll FSA-OWI).

This is a short clip from YouTube by ISUtube1857. Some few, but great pics.

In pic 2 there are almost all boys in bibs, except the 2 oldest ones. Maybe from the 30s.

Pic 1 is maybe a bit later, probably 40s or 50s. I like the boy on the right with the hands in his pockets. At least one more pic (40s/50s) with younger boys in dark bibs.

The intro says "Earliest Educators - Reflections of  one-room schoolhouse teachers".

No comments: