Saturday, September 15, 2018

Joy Scouts (Our Gang)

mokey1942-robertblake

Classic comedy short film (Little Rascals)
Year: 1939
Year in film: 1930s
Country: USA
Who in bibs: Mickey ~6 ?
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Clothing occurence: low ?
Rating:  3/10 ?
Rating: ***
Comment: I tried to check the late MGM movies of Our Gang (1938-1944, talkies), but I haven't found any clips online, unlike the earlier Hal Roach movies. As they are still copyrighted, MGM probably is strict and deleting all of them so that people should by the DVD collection. So I mainly checked some pics.

The MGM movies are probably not as good as the earlier ones and there's mainly Robert Blake in too small bibs with small bib, like in Waldo's Last Stand.

I found a pic, like on forgottenfilmcast with a boy, I think Robert Blake, 5 or 6 yo in regular, good bibs. I think it shows Alfalfa, Spanky, Porky, Buckwheat, Leonhard and Mickey (Robert Blake). Porky (Eugene Lee), same age is I think almost as small but looking similar. So this is probably the best movie concerning bibs of the later movies.

Pic is from Mokey (1942), rating 4 showing him as well but ~3 years later.

There are some few other episodes of interest like shirtless swimming, I think even skinny dipping (in "Fightin' Fools" and/or Mighty Lak A Goat) and other scenes, especially nice swim shorts in “Going to Press” (1942) (pic on animatedviews). Also some older, handsome boys at school but not in bibs. I considered buying the DVD set, but probably no need for buying that one just for the bibs scenes. Another good movie with bibs is probably The Smart Guys, at a lake, maybe wet scenes. I still checking the earlier ones, more posts later, also on my other blogs. Alfalfa and another boy singing in Beginner's Luck “She’ll Be Comin’ ‘Round the Mountain” but unfortunatley not in bibs but Western clothes. I also have uploaded 2 better pics of The Pooch.

Main entry f/m rating up to 7

/2012/06/27/the-pooch-our-gang/

No comments: