Monday, May 21, 2018

Info 811: disable blog following

I've almost finished my GDPR page. I think, I have to remove the follow by email function in ~2 days, on May 24 or 23. Not sure if it affects the old subscriptions or even comments.

Currently, it shows that I have 251 followers by email. But in my dashboard there are just 19. And of the 19, I can only identify just one (in 2012) who is clearly interested in this subject. And maybe even he isn't following anymore. I think he also never commented like every of the 19. Obviously almost all are referrer spam.

The other, internal follow button is also not necessary, as someone with a wordpress blog can follow my blog within his blog or put it on his feed or news reader. Latter one probably also works with other blogs.

I think I also have to disable the Gravatar pics. I think, the comments remains but just missing that Gravatar icons.

Same thing for my other blogs.

I also will update my 2 old blogspot blogs. Probably the same issues. Something is a bit different. No ads, but therefor captcha and Google+.

No comments: