Sunday, May 27, 2018

Divot Diggers (Our Gang)



Classic comedy short film, silent, (Little Rascals)
–Year: 1936
–Year in film: 1930s
–Country: USA
–Who in bibs: Harold ~10
–Available on DVD: yes
–I own: no
–Clothing occurrence: medium+
–Rating:  6/10
–Rating: ******
–Comment: One boy, obviously 10 or 11 yo Harold Switzer (brother of Carl "Alfalfa") in blue bibs. As announced another Our Gang movie. Perfect colorized image quality (also in b&w). Unfortunately rather few scenes and I haven't found the key pic of this YouTube clip. Probably a publicity still.

Funny scene of the Rascals sliding down the grass on a piece of a fence. But brief and high speed scene at the end. In total 20 minutes. Tragic early death of both brothers.

Rating 5-6. I also have this on my pigtails blog (black boy Buckwheat) and obviously missed the bibs scenes. Some other movies also on my sailor suit blog. I have to check more Our Gang movies. I think the early ones haven't been colorized, yet, mainly these later Spanky movies.

Main overview list

/2012/06/27/the-pooch-our-gang/

No comments: