Monday, November 13, 2017

Book 69: Borden Deal: The Other Room

Yesterday, I thought about this author and checked some more of his books. "Robbers, Rooftops and Witches" starring 14 yo Stephen Mailer, based on the story "Antaeus", which is one of my favourite movies (rating 10, TOP #3).

Very good seems "The Other Room" which is about a 15 yo boy set during the Great Depression and even compared to The Waltons and includes a female teacher. Unfortunately it's very rare and expensive, so I currently won't buy it.

I only found a snippet view on Google Books online and a brief review.

The boy and his bibs are wet and his mom said that he has to undress.

It later says that it's like putting the new bibs into a tub with hot water to shrink. Sounds interesting.

There are some more books (partly autobiographic), also a girl in bibs (available on archive.org).

I'm still reading my recent purachase. A bit disappointing, but I still have hope. Another, new purches is the prequel of The Other Room.

/2018/07/24/book-77-borden-deal-the-least-one/

 

No comments: