Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Update: Where the Red Fern Grows (1974)

redferngrows1974b3redferngrows1974b2

I first found a DVD release of the 1992 sequel “Where the Red Fern Grows: Part Two”, but I haven’t found bibs in there except of the old man. Then I rechecked the 1974 movie. Previously, I only have seen the first half and I didn't like much the light blue bibs of the main character (pic 2 on the left, rating 6) compared to the 2003 remake starring Joseph Ashton, I bought on DVD (rating 8).

I now found another boy in faded, hickory striped bibs who is also of interest. Hands in pockets. But the remake is still better. So still rating ~6-(7). One more new pic (distance, hands in pockets, showing both) at the main entry

/2011/01/05/where-the-red-fern-grows-1974/

/2011/01/05/where-the-red-fern-grows-2003/

I also found "Where the Lilies Bloom", but the girl in bibs (Helen Harmon) is very young there. Maybe around 6 yo but even younger looking. Quite interesting movie, but probably no need for an entry.

I have updated some more entries but will make an update post, soon.

No comments: