Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Treasure of Matecumbe



Adventure film. Disney-Land s24e2
Year: 1976
Year in film: 1869
Country: USA
Who in bibs: Thad ~10
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: low+ ?
Rating:  5/10 ?
Rating: *****
Comment: German born black boy 10 or 11 yo Billy 'Pop' Atmore in beige bibs (also sitting scenes), but also in pants with suspenders.

How could I miss this? I think I've heard of this movie many years ago. Typical Disney Western of it's time. Novel by Robert Lewis Taylor ("The Travels of Jamie McPheeters", also "Guns of Diablo" on my Western blog). Starring Peter Ustinov.

Somehow not bad, although simple, western cotton bibs. I didn't had the time yet to watch it completetly.

Rating 5 for now. Probably also something for my other blogs. Soon on my Western blog.

/2018/09/27/update-treasure-of-matecumbe/

/2014/05/24/list-31-westerns-and-pre-1900s-movies-with-overalls/

1 comment:

db1 said...

High School, USA an American movie from 1983 with teen boy in white overalls. Is completely found on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RU4n0WmCeI&t=3418s