Thursday, March 30, 2017

Update: Summer Magic

summermagic2summermagic3

Recently, I came again across this 1963 Disney movie, probably as a YouTube recommendation of a similar movie, maybe searching for pigtails or Haley Mills.

I already had an early, 2011 post with a tiny pic. I still haven't seen the complete movie, just some short clips. Sorry.

The boy (Jimmy Mathers) is obviously even much younger and smaller than first assumed. He's also barefoot in bibs. I also have to check it for the other boy in bibs (probably not Eddie Hodges but a younger (~11 yo) boy in light blue bibs?)

Nice, but typical Disney film with a 1900s or 1910s setting. There are many similar (Disney) movies, also with older boys in bibs like "Rascal". Also reminds me of Pollyanna (again Disney, again 60s, again Haley Mills, again a boy in bibs).

I think still rating 6.

/2011/03/11/summer-magic/

Also on my sailor suit blog (currently pic of Haley Mills only), rating 5.

No comments: