Sunday, February 26, 2017

Le gone du Chaâba

goneduchaaba

Drama
–Year: 1997
–Year in film: 1965
–Country: France
–Who in bibs: Omar ~9 ?
–Available on DVD: yes
–I own: no
–Bib occurence: low+ ?
–Rating:  3/10 ?
–Rating: ***
–Comment: At least this young boy, I think Bouzid Negnoug as 9 yo main character Omar (looking much younger to me) in light grey, I think cotton shortalls. Also this or more likely an even younger boy, maybe Nabil Ghalem, around 5 yo in long, light blue (jeans ?) bibs, shirtless but with a jacket.

I only have checked this complete movie at high speed. Pic taken from the trailer.

Autobiographical 1986 novel by Algerian Azouz Begag set in a suburb of Lyon. English title: The Kid from Chaaba. Several awards and a nomination for a César. Directed by Christophe Ruggia ("Les diables", 2002) !

Maybe a quite interesting movie. But the boy looks very young. Simple shortalls.

Rating 2-3 only.

No comments: