Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Phares d'ouest



Documentary series, Floating school
Year: 1990
Year in film: 1990s
Country: France
Who in bibs: boy ~10 ?
Available on DVD: yes
I own: yes, partly TV recordings
Bib occurrence: very low
Rating:  6/10 *
Rating: ******
Comment: At least one boy in blue bibs. Not sure if it's one from the ship or more likely a local boy working there. Also rear view, bending down. Backside simple suspenders.

Very interesting series, aka Western Lights, 6 episodes. But I assume very few bibs scenes. They rather wore less clothes, at least on the ship. There is a similar series called "La baleine blanche" which is probably more famous.

I don't remember all episodes. I'm currently searching my old recordings (for something non-bibs related) and I found this and some other bibs scenes.

Rating 6 for the bibs scene, rating 8-9 for the series.

The Floating school program on the sailing ship "Karrek Ven" lasted from 1969-2002.

Update: Searching for La baleine blanche, (older teen boy rating 4) I have now checked all episodes. I only noticed this longer scene in episode 2 only.

No comments: