Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Wind at My Back Christmas



Family film Christmas special from series
Year:2001
Year in film: 1938
Country: CDN
Who in bibs: Fat ~16, Maisey 21
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: low ?
Rating:  6/10 ?
Rating: ******
Comment: At least Fat (Tyrone Savage) around 16 yo (and obviously scenes where he's younger ?, around 10 yo in season 1) in faded blue bibs, and tomboy Maisey (Dalene Irvine, pic 2) in dark blue and or raw denim bibs. Not sure about (12-)18 yo Hub (Dylan Provencher). Pics 1+3 I made long time ago. Maybe they're taken from a trailer or else. But the other pics where they all still look young are definitely from this movie. Setting should be in 1938 after the series, so Fat must be around 15 or 16 and I've seen pics of him looking that old as well.

Very good series (rating 7) about these so called "Canadian Waltons". I own season 1+3 and made post about the other series but have to make an entry about season 3 (one pic at the main entry).

It's also the right time for a Christmas entry to cool down.

I don't know this complete movie (1h31). Maybe it's just (mainly) a compilation of the series (1996-2001) set between 1932 and 1937.

Rating 6-7 for now. The Waltons are much better. More actors and much more scenes.

/2011/01/05/wind-at-my-back/

No comments: