Saturday, May 21, 2016

Books 57: several

I searched for some new books. First I thought of "The New Sugar Creek Gang" but that's probbaly too modern and I don't assume bibs scenes there. Then I thought of more books of the Sugar Creek Gang. I own some. But most others don't have bibs scenes. Best remaining ones are mabye "The Blue Cow" and The Green Tent (including a woman).

I checked the original Publisher (Moody Youth Library) and found some other interesting books and authors. I bought one Christian children's book including illustrations of a boy in bibs (1900s farm setting, barefoot) but I have to read more and it's too ealy for a post (coming soon).

Some other I found (mainly girls):

Elizabeth Enright: Thimble Summer (9 yo girl) some few mentionings + cover

Rolf Ulrici: Diane aus dem Försterhaus (1960s or earlier. Girl on cover. Unknown if mentionings)

Hildegard Krug: So was kann jedem passieren! (1970s or earlier, boy in bibs on cover. Unknown if mentionings)

I also have to check Enid Blytons's Famous Five and related books (bibs in the series, boys, girls).

The problem on old books, that you often can't look inside on Amazon or Google. So it's always a risk. Often depictured on the cover and no parts or illustrations inside.

No comments: