Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Info 416: Kidsongs - names, boy or girl, clip speed

(I now have Lists of Boys and girls, see links below). The blond boy on the left is indeed Kyle Stanley. He is called Kyle in Country Sing-Along and there are credits, but I wasn't sure, and who is who? On a Sesame Street Wiki he is named singing one clip alone. In most earlier episodes he has much shorter hair and looking younger.

There is a Kidsongs Wiki listing some very few Kidsongs kids. The darkhaired, Asian looking boy like in the song "Swingin'" is Christian Buenaventura. The girl below, song "Me & My Shadow" is Stephanie Koyano. No more confirmed names. In some Kidsongs TV show, the kids introduce themselves or one has to check and match the ending credits with different episodes where one kid is and isn't on another.

I sometimes have problems to say if a kid is a boy or girl. Especially some darkhaired kids with the caps in Loco-Motion. The blond kid with the cow (The Farmer in the Dell) looking more like a boy at the end.

Half of this day I tried to convert Loco-Motion to PAL to make it slower. My YouTube clip is at NTSC speed. But no software was able to make it slower. I have PAL clips, but of same speed, length and high pitched. I extracted the audio and converted that. From 30 to 25 it sounds too slow. From 25 to 23.976 sounds much better. Or to watch it via VLC at 0.9x.

I now assume that the speed was correct, maybe intentionally made faster to match better the rythm and movements. I rechecked the original online clips. Still sounds to fast for me, although there are girls and young boys. Otherwise the other songs are too slow and PAL DVD players wouldn't play unusual frame rates except PAL or NTSC and I can't copy to HD other than PAL. Some software might do "Pulldown" or "Reverse Telecine" but I got some errors.

Update 2: Other boys from Country-Sing-Along identified

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2015/11/update-kidsongs-kids-names.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/07/kidsongs_4.html

/2015/03/17/kidsongs-boppin-with-the-biggles/

/2012/09/02/update-kidsongs/

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2022/01/list-59-kidsongs-boys.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2022/01/list-60-kidsongs-girls.html

1 comment:

db1 said...

Look for the Big Bad Beetleborgs music video from the 1990's. Lots of boys and girls in bib overalls dancing and singing in the video.