Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Butcher Boy (1997)


Drama
Year: 1997
Year in film: 1960s
Country: USA, IRL
Who in bibs: boy Francie ~13, others
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: low
Rating:  4/10
Rating: ****
Comment: Irish and redhaired Eamonn Owens and other teen boys in medium blue bibs and a belt. Also in a long butcher's leather apron and I think this or a brown shirt or west under his/their bibs along another long sleeved shirt. Farm work. Bibs appear light blue in a different scene but I think it's the same pair. I only noticed this long scene in the middle of the movie.

How could I miss this one? I always considered watching and buying this movie for many years but I never did. I checked it now on YouTube but at high speed.

Unfortunately few good scenes and quite dark or in the backlight. And the other boys either don't wear bibs or sweaters over them. And least quite good and rare British farm scenes.

Quite interesting plot and movie but for the bibs scenes I can only rate 4-5 for now. Also good dorm scenes.


 

No comments: