Sunday, August 9, 2015

Info 395: Google image and blog search

blog17jul blogtoday

Sometimes I try a Google image search. When you enter bib overalls film (without " and with the default settings you get pics all from my blog except for some very few others. The interesting thing is the search result order. I searched on July 17 (pic 1) and today (pic 2). The search algorithm is of course secret but do they really display the most interesting (compostions) of a pic? Some results are no wonder. Like my header or top pics. But others are.

Pic 1 also showing 1 recent entry on the lower right and I thought they mix with newer entries but pic 2 don't have any. Slightly different search results and they might differ from the user's country, hard- and software.

I don't link to pics anymore as I don't have high res pics and I don't want pics to appear on the top click links. Most pics look like older pics where I leave the links, coming from my old blog.

Pic 3 below showing the today's result of bib overalls film boys.

At least Google now showing my actual wordpress blog on top instead of the old Google's blogspot blog. Google's search results are often poor and showing many unrelated stuff.You have to be creative for the search term and use advanced options and "".

The blog search here luckily works much better than on my old Google blog. Remember that you can combine tags or in my case categories described here.

As I prefer males and if someone searching for best or specific female entries it's maybe easier as my blog is still growing. I rarely update my "pages" like boys and females.

blogboys

No comments: