Monday, July 13, 2015

Unknown 4: 1990s Mennonites or Amish docu



Religious community documentary
Year: 1990s
Year in film: 1990s
Country: Germany
Who in bibs: boys ~7-18
Available on DVD: no ?
I own: partly on VHS?
Bib occurrence: medium ?
Rating:  4/10 ?
Rating: ****
Comment: Some boys and men in I think dark blue bibs and straw hats.

Must be a 1990s documentary as this German channel "Eins Plus" existed until 1993 and I doubt that this is set in the 80s. I'm not sure if I still have some parts on VHS or even later transferred on DVDr. Recently I just found 3 tiny screenshots. When I have more time I will search and check for the movie but I doubt that I have it completetly and maybe haven't written the title. Maybe someone know it?

I think that these are rather Mennonites. And then I thought that all Amish and Mennonites wear overalls. Later I mainly have seen them wearing simple pants with suspenders. And if overalls mainly black ones.

Interesting docu and I remember good scenes including rear view (maybe climbing up a fence ?).

Rating 4-5. Also nothing new about my other unknown movies.

No comments: