Monday, June 15, 2015

Better Off Dead... (1985)



Romance comedy starring John Cusack
Year: 1985
Year in film: 1980s
Country: USA
Who in bibs: Monique ~22 ?
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no, partly TV recording
Bib occurrence: low ?
Rating:  5/10 ?
Rating: *****
Comment: I think Diane Franklin in rare beige mechanical bibs of thin fabric with a red belt. Almost like coveralls but sleeveless. Also lying next to him under the car. Scenes at 1h13. Maybe more supporting actors? Kim Darby in colorful aprons. Also skiing scenes in the snow, but I haven't noticed snow bibs (like pink pants, unknown if snow bibs under the jacket) . Completely on YouTube.

Yesterday, I searched again for 80s movies and found some more new movies. I remember watching this movie then and only remember the young boy (Scooter Stevens, I still have that on VHS) at the table. Some funny scenes (cooking moving tentacles).

Somehow I like those rare bibs, although I prefer real jeans bibs, raw denim, farm movies and the like. What else to say? The movie is good, but there are even much better ones of the 80s. I will recheck it more carefully next broadcasting.

Rating 5 (bibs+movie).

No comments: