Sunday, January 11, 2015

Story 85: Shiny silver overalls + coveralls

battlestargalacticabattlestargalactica2

Usually I don't post movies and series with coveralls (except for a short list) so I made this story entry. Today "Battlestar Galactica (1978)", double episode 17 "Greetings from Earth" (1979)  had been aired showing grown-ups and kids in silver coveralls (pictured).

There are 2 girls (pic 1 on left) and 2 boys (one very young blond boy is unpictured), I previously only noticed Noah Hathaway as child, but I don't used to watch this series nowadays. Several good scenes also close-up and rear view. There is even ranch content with horses (or cows?).

Coveralls and overalls are similar (sometimes bibs are called coveralls) but coveralls are often worn over other clothes including pants. And often not of jeans fabric. I don't have the time to add all coveralls movies (someone else can do this, I have 4 blogs already).

Another great family series with a family (boy+ girl) in silver coveralls is "Lost in Space (1965)" , partly in b&w but also in color and also other costumes, starring Bill Mumy ("Rascal", rating 6+).

Real silver overalls I only remember 2 chicks in "Beverly Hills Bodysnatchers" (not bad, but brief scene, rating 2) . Also silver coveralls, teen boy and woman in The Tomorrow People (1973), rating 5.

No comments: